Magic Auto fill:
Magic Auto fill is a bookmarklet created by Amit Agarwal, founder of www.labnol.org website. This tool will be a handy thing to book tatkal tickets quickly. Actually this tool doesn’t book tickets but it helps you to complete the booking process lesser than before. Check here how it works.
1. First go to this website www.ctrlq.org/irctc and click on “fill reservation form” button and fill all details which are necessary while booking a ticket on irctc website.
2. By using this form you can book tickets for 6 adult passengers and 2 child passengers. Once you fill all the details, enter your mobile number at the end of form.
3. Now click on “I’m Feeling Lucky” button and you will get magic auto fill bookmarklet. Drag it into your browser bookmarks tab.
4. Now open IRCTC website and navigate to booking section, click on magic autofill bookmarklet to complete ticket booking. (Here you need to do things quickly because you’ll miss tickets in seconds of time).
User Agent Switcher:
As the name suggests user agent switcher changes the user agent of browser into desired format. Here we use this for tatkal ticket booking. This extension available for both chrome and Firefox browsers.
1. First of all you need to download user agent switcher extension from the below link and install it on your chrome browser.
2. Once installed it will be placed beside the wrench menu of chrome browser. Click on that icon and change the user agent to any mobile platform. Here I use android mobile user agent.
3. Logic is simple, we have speed internet connection but it doesn’t work with IRCTC website. So we browse the same website through mobile platform to book tickets quickly.
4. Here we browse IRCTC website in mobile platform with pc internet connection
I don’t guarantee about this method because it have 50-50 chance but you will give it a try.
Tips to Book Tatkal Tickets Quickly Online:
- The main thing we consider while booking tickets from IRCTC website is you need to keep page active otherwise it shows a message session expired. So to prevent from these things you need to do some quick operations while perform ticket booking.
- To keep session alive for long time you need to do one tricky thing that is copy the link from IRCTC website General Section and select “Terms and Conditions” and paste the link on another browser. For example if your book tickets on chrome then open the below link on Firefox browser and refresh that page for every 2 or 3 minutes.
- Note down each and every information which are necessary while booking tatkal tickets. Noting down on paper is a time taken thing so you can take help of auto form filling add-ons and extensions from both browsers.
While booking tatkal tickets from slow internet connection is not possible in future days also, even it is also a time taking process in fast internet connection too. So follow the above tips to book tickets from IRCTC website.