Every Day Some or the other way our Facebook profile will get spammed. Unknowingly you get trapped by the spammers without knowing the activity going under it. Here we provide you the article which lets you the trick to recognise it and Avoid from getting spammed. Yahoo Chat rooms used to be of the major platforms for spammers but now Facebook has become the number one place to spam people next to Yahoo chat rooms.
You might have already encountered a spam by making others to comment & tag friends list on a particular post. You might be seeing a message showing “Hacking your friends Facebook“. For that first you will be asked to copy a code and paste it on your console. When the code is executed in the browser console without your knowledge you will tag all of your friends in a particular post.
Facebook has already taken the necessary security measures but still people are prone to this attack. If you aren’t aware of it by any chance then let me explain you what the spam is about.
How Facebook Auto Tagging Spam Works ?
1.The spammer will insert below code in the screen shot in the profile ID’s. So what happens here is that the person who is executing the code will automatically like the pages and follow the people of that ID mentioned in the code automatically without their knowledge
2. The next required code is the ID of the post or the photo that the spammers wants to tag everyone. That is placed next to the cookie in the code like shown in the below screenshot. Realizing the XSS spamming Facebook did an immediately measure by disabling the console getting executed in Facebook. It is not working anymore because of Facebook’s action and if you want to test it with your own profile then you can use this website to unblock console by ticking the check box.
How to Stop from Being Spammed by Facebook ?
2. Go to this website and un-tick the check box if it is already checked.
3. Do not trust links from unknown members or pages which tends to teach hacking FB users.
4. Don’t click on video links which are asking you to share them on your wall ( Mostly it will lead to spam).
5. Installing thousands of games and apps will atleast allow one malicious script to your Facebook spam profile.
Share this article with your friends and let them be aware of Spammers