Once you lose your phone or its gets stolen, your private date is also at the risk of being stolen too.Your phone holds tons of information about you,and also about those who are close to you. Someone who gets their hands on your phone may have access to sensitive information such as racy pictures you don’t intend for anyone else to see, phone numbers and addresses, and even financial info. You also might be subject to losing precious memories that simply can’t be replaced.so you’ll want your exact phone back. For this you need to track your phone.
There is one thing that you can do to track your lost or stolen android phone if you don’t have any tracking app installed on it. If your phone is still connected with your Google account, you can remotely install an phone tracking software on it known as Androidlost and take its help to locate your lost or stolen android phone.
Android Lost allows you to remotely install the app to your smartphone through the Google Play Store (granted your phone hasn’t been wiped and it’s still powered on) and get some of the same great location features we discussed in previous sections. It is controllable either via the internet or SMS messages
Following are the list of functions :
- Read sent and received text messages
- Wipe phone
- Lock phone
- Erase SD card
- Locate by GPS or Network location data
- Start alarm with flashing screen
- Take photos with front and rear camera
- Record sound from microphone
Requirements for using AndroidLost
This app requires your phone to be connected to the internet and also your phone’s SIM card should not have been removed from your phone, otherwise this app wont be able to help you with tracking and locating your lost or stolen android phone.
How Androidlost works ?
Using Androidlost is very easy, simply.Install the Androidlost on your phone and then activate it by sending an sms command from another phone. Once the sms message is received on your phone, Androidlost will be activated automatically and then you can head over to androidlost.com and track your lost or stolen android phone.
Steps to Track Your Lost Phone :
Here I provide brief guide to track your lost phone using Androidlost
- Install the Androidlost app remotely from the Google play store.
- Now open www.Androidlost.com and sign in with the Google account that your phone is connected with.
- Allow Androidlost to connect with your Google account.In this way remote control feature of the device can be activated. It will be possible to unlock or lock the device from a distance.
- Click on the SMS tab, under SMS allow, type in the number of the phone from which you are going to send the SMS command to activate Androidlost on your phone and click on Allow.
- Now send an SMS to your phone number with the following message command: androidlost register.
- Click on the Controls tab, enable Auto switch on GPS if deactivated under location settings and click on Send location.
- Now you will have to wait until your phone is online and once it comes online, you will be able to see the location of your phone on a map
I hope you are reading this just out of pure interest and not because you lost your phone! But if that’s really the case, I truly hope that this article will help you track it down.
Here is a Infographic about the Facts of Lost or Stolen Android smartphone